Thursday, May 3, 2007


The past 2 weeks have been very busy for Charlotte and myself. We helped Alex and his parents move into their new home on the weekend of April 20th. We drove up on Thursday, helped with cleaning on Friday, moving on Saturday, playing with Alex on Sunday and I drove back to Lexington on Monday.














Esther and Dave moved from their apartment in Naperville to a house in Aurora, Illinois. Charlotte stayed a week with them to help put the house in order.

Alex is really growing-up. He loves to laugh; with parents like Esther and Dave, you can see where he gets that trait. He also likes it when you whistle or sing to him. He has 2 of his bottom teeth and 1 on top.

The following weekend I drove back to Aurora with my Mom and Dad. To avoid confusion with Alex's grandparents (Charlotte and myself), Esther referred to Mom and Dad as Grandma Great and Grandpa Great.
Mom, Dad and I arrived Friday afternoon and stayed until Sunday. We all had a very pleasent time. While we were there, Dad and I helped Dave install a cat door for Mia. Her liter box will be in the utility room and the cat door provides access to Mia without having to leave the people door open. Saturday, we had lunch in downtown Naperville at a Mongolian Barbeque. It was Mom and Dad's first time and I thought it was very good.

I think Alex likes his Grandma Great and Grandpa Great. I know they enjoyed being with him and his parents.
We went to church with Esther, Dave and Alex. So Mom and Dad got to see where they worship each week. We had a little scare; part-way through the service, Esther was paged by the nursery. About 15 minutes after Esther left, Dave could not wait any longer, so he left to see what the problem was. Neither Dave nor Esther ever returned to the service. Afterwards, we found out the pager went-off, because the battery was low. There was never anything wrong with Alex. Esther and Dave stayed in the back of the auditorium, so as to not disturb the service by returning.
It was a very good 2 weeks.




No comments: